Monday, April 26, 2021


script data-ad-client="ca-pub-7622963767210638" async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></scri

My 200th Blog , about My School, 👍👌❤️

MY SCHOOL : SRI RKM SARADA VIDYALAYA, BURKIT ROAD, T NAGAR, CHENNAI:17






Sri RKM Sarada Vidyalaya Model Girls Higher Secondary School, My school, was established in 1938. 

Organisation details:



I had two  goals after my retirement:


One, to visit my school, and 
Two, to hunt down my school friends after almost 45 years, to form a Whatsapp group. 

I succeeded in both! Well, mostly!

I visited my school, Sarada Vidhyalaya (Chennai), with my classmate and friend, Sasikala, on 15th April 2021. Special thanks to Sasi. But for her, my school visit would not have happened. We took pics, walked through our old corridors, took a peek into our classrooms - it was an unforgettable moment and feeling that I can not describe adequately in words!

After much effort and after putting to work some 'network effects', I was able to track 14 of my classmates and formed a Whatsapp group. (Thanks to Ranjini and Mohana, who helped me in this hunting) . While I had maintained contact with two of them (Ranjini and C N Malathy) over the decades, I was getting back in touch with many after almost four decades. The excitement, happiness, joy, and nostalgia we felt was remarkable. 

On Saturday (26th April 2021), we had our first Zoom call (the first of many to come).
 We spoke about our school days, reminisced the fun days of schooling and carefree teenage years, and also brought each other up to speed on our current lives. Most of us are grandparents now! Our next call is scheduled soon, and I just can't wait!


Our Wats app group DP!










This pic was taken during the zoom call:

4th row


IT’s MY PLEASURE TO INTRODUCE MY SCHOOL MATES TO THE VIEWERS:
Special note: We all are senior citizens, 60+ and now most of us are doing IAS work😁😁😁😁😁😁with pleasure!

Below are a few pics I took during my visit to the school.



👆Me with Sasikala





                                 🖕Sasilala, Mrs. Jayanthi, Headmistress blue saree) and myself



                                   Head mistress room 👇


                                         Headmistress room



Staffroom. No change at all, even after 45 years! The same room, same kind of furniture with the faces of the new teachers! 👇




      The group picture, taken when I was in 8th Std., ‘B’ section: 👇



                      Ranjini, myself and C N Malathy taken when we were in xi std, 45 years back!
                       👇


                         🖕above pic was taken a month back . Now we are 60 plus! (sr citizens) the same order, in coincide,  Ranjini, myself and C N Malathy!

               

    Below are the write-ups posted by my friends about themselves:

                      Chitra Ramachandran:


Chitra with her husband, two sons and daughter-in laws



Rani, what u have guessed about me is correct now. But v all used to travel like mad. By God's grace i have Innova,& another 3 cars& except myself all of them drive. I used to go to lots of temples, weekends v will never be at home. V used to go to Thiruchendur every month& often will perform Shanmugarchanai.   Me& my husband had been to all the popular north indian temples except Vaishnavi Devi !. Entire,Karnataka,Kerala& Andhra i have seen all the temples.


When i was in Engineering College,i have authored 5 Text bookk( 3 were published by Vikas publications Delhi based company& my book was followed in many colleges in Chennai,Madurai& Trichy. Practical manual every year i used to publish on my own

I am also interested in cooking. i used to make our traditional sweets& savories.  All of u know i am very much interested in sports. In our school how v used to play,Throw ball,Net ball& other events. This helped me so much in my college,every year  my team will be the Throw ball winner. I used to cover all the 8 places & everyone would say just give your name & pray u shld be in Chithra's team v,r sure of a prize

I was really all in all in my college,for anything The Pricipals would ask my opinion. I really enjoyed my professional career & went upto  Academic Coordinator,was incharge of Faculty recruitment & also appraisal.

I was given a car  as i was the College NAAC Coordinator & our college got accreditation ( first engg college in Tamilnadu to get accreditation ). I was in the good books of the management as i always used to produce 99-100% results.

Because i am a  Professor i have written elaborately. Kindly excuse me for boring u all but how to give in 1 line don't know.( I was also the college Newsletter Chairperson😊😊.

Now some news about my husband  he is very active and trustee in nanganallur Anjaneyar temple and he retired from Reliance as CFO 
Now he is just a consultant for Kothari group in Chennai we were in Baroda and Bombay for few years and came back 14 years back to Chennai.


Chitra Ramani:


     
    Chira Ramani’s family pic:


Hi everyone as all of you know me as Chitra who got married when studying in 11th std. I married my Athai’s son and I am living in a joint family. I have 1 son and 2 daughters. My son & 1st daughter are settled in Dubai both of them have 2 kids (son has 1 son & 1 daughter) elder daughter has 2 daughters & my younger daughter is settled in Chennai and has 1 daughter.
My Athai is 97years now and is bed ridden. My parents are in Ashok nagar with my elder brother.
I spend my time doing Pooja’s and read Sai Satcharithram and taking care of my athai. 
Once a year Me and my husband go to Dubai to spend time with our kids there.
I really enjoy cooking a lot from the age of 16 I was incharge of my kitchen and till date iam the  master chef in my family and I love watching serials a lot.



Geetha Ramachandran:








🖕Geetha with her husband son and daughter in law.





 🖕Geetha’s daughter, son in law and grand children.

I am Geetha Ramachandran staying in Kodambakkam. My husband is retired Superintendent from Directorate of Intelligence, Central Govt. Employee. Two Children.... Daughter ..Archana ... B.E.,MBA from Anna University, Her husband Vijaykarthik MCA from Sastra University working in CTS.. Blessed with two children.. Sai Sruthi 12 yrs 6 th grade.. Sai Aditya  5 yrs.. They are in Atlanta, Georgia, USA for 13 years.
Avinash ... Son..B.E. Marine Engineering , P.G. in Journalism... worked in Shell Shipping, UK, now Sr. Sub Editor  in Indian Express.. His wife is Dr.Yamini Asokan, Sr.Embroyolgist..  working in Madras Medical Mission, Chennai... 🙏

In my 40+ years of involving myself in some capacity in the field of social service, 2020 was clearly the most challenging year. We were fighting an unprecedented battle that we had no idea how to face. Understanding that the lockdown wasn't just for 21 days, and gradually realising that this was a long battle shaped my work helping the less-fortunate members of our society. 

As a people person who loves to personally interact with others, the lockdown and subsequent social distancing became a huge obstacle. But that's when I understood the power of the internet and used it to the fullest. Constant conversations with different NGO and activists helped me take stock of the kind of help that was needed. From financial support to emotional support, I did all that I could to make sure people weren't worried about facing the lockdown all alone. Interacting with deaf people over social media apps has its share of problems too since not everyone understands sign language, and the lack of a sign language interpreter around them. However, I did find ways for them to reach out to me for helps ranging from daily groceries to emergency medicines etc... With support from my resources, I could ensure help reached them swiftly. Through this endeavour, we could reach out to almost deaf association across 15 districts in Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry and Bengaluru too. 

I'm glad that I could reach out to almost 1000 families during this lockdown. It was not just a one-off service but continued understanding of the needs of the less-fortunate over the entire period. This was an important aspect of my effort during the lockdown because a lot of such people, like the visually-impaired whose daily earnings through sales was affected by the pandemic. Even many orphanages, old age homes and shelter homes were in need for continuous support, and I ensured that, through my resources, I could help them out in every way possible. Apart from ensuring help reached places far and wide, there was also this all-important work of respecting and helping the section of frontline workers who are often forgotten — sanitation workers. Using personal contributions, I helped them with their provision supplies. And last but not the least, if I could pinpoint and say there was one service that I consider to be my sizeable achievement for the society, it is my relentless drive to keep my surroundings clean. Though it might seem as too much of an hindrance by my neighbours and street-mates, I had to look at the bigger picture. It is not just enough to keep ourselves safe, it is also paramount that people around are safe too. By pushing my neighbours to be safer, and ensuring proper garbage disposals, my area, and subsequently, my people were safer and stronger to face the pandemic. And if there is anything that this lockdown taught us, it is that our strength lies in our unity.



Kalyani 

She worked in Enforce Department, Mumbai. She is looking after her grand children, now.

Kalyani’s daughters!






Dr. S. Mallika:


Dr.  Mallika with her Dr  husband




 
Mallika’s daughters , Dr Sudha and Dr Vanitha

My hobby cooking, singing and watching documentary on nature. Learning Veena now as I got a new Veena as a gift for my Birthday last



This is a precious award for me from our school. I have some sports certificate which I will share later when I find it.

Special note :
I retired in 2019, and my husband, Dr Soundararajan also retired around that time. Our post retirement project was to do YouTube educational videos on Mental health called Mind your Mental Health. At present we are doing the episodes in Tamil - மனசே மனசை கவனி. In future we are planning to do the episodes in English. We wanted our community to have a good understanding of the mind, mental disorder and it's management so that they will be able to get the help they need at the earliest. It may also help them to get over the stigma our society has towards mental illness.





C N Malathy:




🖕C N Malathy with her husband 

🖕”I like drawing and painting,” says C N.                                


     Malathi’s daughter and grand daughter





Manjula:
To summarise my life, I am a scientist with never -quenchable yearning for learning.., passionate about environment protection, and supporter for causes for children. My life had been very simple and peaceful, no drama, no trauma, bordering pretty dull life. But I am ok with it.
The best part of my life is that I am blessed with so many true friendships. Especially, my SV friends my pride. My friendships are the best wealth I have acquired and I am so thankful to all of you for coming back again, as if time did not pass and we did not lose a beat. You make me feel again like the happy naive girl at SV, who delighted sitting in the terrace domes.


                  🖕Manju with her husband


🖕Manju’s son Ajeeth and daughter Banu




🖕Manju with the great writer Balakumaran










Majula’s son Ajeeth (with a tie). Ajeeth with celebrated Sirisha, his former boss. Am sure Sirisha doesn't require any introduction.

Mohana Prabhakar

She worked in State Bank of India. Now looking after her family. She is  interested in pilgrimage tours.








Mythili: 
Full-time House wife.






  Rani Kannan(myself):



     👆Rani Kannan’s Family: 


I completed 37 years of service in Central Warehousing Corporation and retired as Senior Assistant Manager(cadre A ). I was appointed as Liaison Officer for SC/ST Employees when I worked in Bangalore and Chennai. 
I was appointed as one of the committee members formed as per the guidelines of the Viksaka Committee for sexual harassment cases in the Chennai Region.
I participated in the chess competitions on behalf of my office and won medals in the Inter-State Chess Competition.
I participated in the Essay competitions organized by the Ministry of Food & Civil Supplies and won cash awards. 
 I took classes for the Co-Operative Society employees organized by the State Co-Op Trng Institute. In addition, I was one of the guest lecturers from our office.
I was well known for my straightforward, honest, sincere, and dedicated hard work and won the Best Employee award. I received an Appreciation letter from WDRA! (Btw, my straightforwardness is plus as well as a minus for me)
I loved/still love my job.
I loved and focused only on two things in my life, my daughter and my job. (now, my love and attention switched over to my grandson, Mathayas, who is three years old!)
I succeeded in bringing up my daughter well. I also grew in my professional life, and 
even after my retirement, MD, WDRA (Under Ministry of Food) offered me the work of 
Auditing (only qualitative) State/Central and Pvt Warehouses in TN. I still am doing auditing work whenever I am in Chennai.
My hobby is reading books. Writing is my passion. I always feel proud of myself that I know five languages! 
My mother tongue is Telugu. I know Telugu to speak. Only to speak!
I was born and brought up in Chennai. So I know Tamil to speak, read and write.
I completed Visharsdh in Hindi through Hindi Pracharasabha. So I know Hindi to speak, write and read.
I worked in Banglore for six years. So I know kanada to speak.
Plus English to write, read and speak.

My daughter, S M Rakshithaa, pursued her BA., LLB in National Law School, B’lore (gold medalist), and MBA in George Town University, Washington DC, USA. Now she is working for HP as Senior Manager(Business Strategy). She is currently residing in Sunnyvale, San Francisco, California. She is a National chess player and also a singer. She represented Tamil Nadu Chess Team at the National level until she was fifteen years. Students used to call her Lady Viswanath at NLS, B’lore. She also won many trophies in singing competitions @ the college level.

My son_ in_ law Hemant Purswani, is BE., MS, and working for Apple as Senior Manager. 


    S. Ranjini:


       Ranjini’s family

This is my family photo,  my husband , who retired from Port trust ( is no more  ) , then my daughter , Pavithra and my son in law , Bharat behind me , and my grandson ( Akshat )and my son Prashanth. My son in law is working in DELL and they are settled in Chennai. My son is doing his MS in Texas , UTD , completing his Masters this May.



Sasikala:

















I'm an executive adviser in kotak mahindra life insurance, many policies nearly for 20 lakhs premium logged in, won many awards, trophies, certificates cash awards, gold and silver coins and last year qualified for a Phuket trip, due to Corona couldn't make it my aim is to create the insurance awareness among the people and to make them realize the value of it apart from this commission of 35./.  From kotak insurance company.

Shella Hanna

She lives with her daughter looking after her grand children. She also own a Electronic shop at Pondy Bazar. She is a talented business woman. 







🖕Sheela’s grand son.


Usha Kumar:


She is house wife, taking care of her grand children.








Vasumathy Govindarajan,  Erode:

She is housewife, living with her in-laws, son and Daughter-in Law.





Vasumathi Govindarajan with her husband and grand daughter


Vasumati Ramkumar:




Vasumathi Ramkumar with her family



Hi friends. Nothing much to tell about me. After graduation, started working in Detergents India for 2 years, shriram fibres for 2 years and 37 years fir Hindustan petroleum. I am really proud to be HPite. To talk about my family, my husband was working with cocacola as production manager in Saudi Arabia for 20 years.  My daughter did her B.Arch in satyabhama and MS in Reading University, UK and was there for 6 years.

My son did his engg in Guindy Engg and MBA in ISB, Hyderabad and now working in Pune. DIL did her engg in NIT, Trichy and MBA in IIM, Kozhikode and now working for Fidelity investment in Chennai. So from the 👆u can understand, I have no special extra curricular activities. S. As chitra said, we do tour a lot and except myself all my family members know driving. I have a small terrace garden. Now I am fully engaged and taking care of my grandson. 

PS. J chitra. Not only professors even I can write a long note.😛😛



Vijayalakshmi:











I am interested in cooking, do poojas, chanting slogans, I do myself face and hair beautician and also others to put henna and dandruff treatment. Also take of grand childrens occasionally from July little g.son Or g.daughter wants to take care last year back I doing catering and sales pickles, podies. Catering for 30 peoples from last year I not do bez of health condition.


Our school’s Friday prayer song is ‘Raghupathy Ragava RajaRam’! 


I would like to share the sloka, we used to tell before having lunch:












No comments:

Post a Comment

Rani Kannan-Write Ups

script data-ad-client="ca-pub-76 googlesyndication 22963767210638" async src="https://pagead2..com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js&q...