Friday, July 27, 2018



KUMBHABISHEKAM OF SIVA TEMPLE IN        KARVETTINAGAR, CHITTOOR DISTRICT 

Karvettinagar was a small village, 90 years back,  in Chittoor District, a native of my mother. My parent's wedding was organized at my mother's house only.  My elder brother born there only. However, after my mother's marriage, my mother's family moved on to Chennai, during 1958.

Now Karvettinagar has developed like a small town and recently, during June 2018,  Kumbhabishekam of Siva temple was performed. First time I had a chance to visit my mother's native place Karvettinagar for seeing the Siva temple and also few more temples situated in and around that place.

The Siva temple was originally constructed during Krishnadevarayar period., 1926. Now the temple was developed very nicely and Kumbhabishekam was organized in a grand manner.   I have posted a few pictures. The special thing in that Siva temple is that 5 gods, namely Vinayaka, Muruga, Siva, Vishnu, and Brmaha are in one sanidhanam made of one single stone. 

Please do visit this temple.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Rani Kannan-Write Ups

script data-ad-client="ca-pub-76 googlesyndication 22963767210638" async src="https://pagead2..com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js&q...