Friday, July 20, 2018

VALAIKAPU FUNCTION
ORGANISING VALAIKAPPU FUNCTION
VENUE: SUNNYVALE, USA
Nowadays most of our children like to settle in the USA for various reasons. My daughter and son-in-law are also living in Sunnyvale, USA. I and my husband went to the USA to take care of my daughter pre and post delivery. We stayed for four and a half months.
During her 9th month, we organized valaikappu function at my daughter's residence. I would like to post the details of how we organized, thought it would be useful to the Indians residing in the USA. 

We took plates, covers, bangles, deepam ready to eat thokku bought from Grand snacks.
We kept 7 plates:
 1. Sweet,
 2. chocolates, 
3. mixed rice 5 items made of ready to eat thoku(lemon, tamarind, karuveppillai, coriander rice made from thoku which we took it from India. Curd rice I made at home).
4.Bangles,
5. dress, flowers, Beetle leaf, and supari 
6. Banana,
7.Apple

I arranged all 7 plates as shown in the pictures and lit the lamp. We invited friends of my daughter and my son-in-law for the function. Though our few relatives are there in the USA, they are living in far places. Then we started Nalangu. We asked married women to keep nalangu and put bangles for my daughter. We have a cover consisting of thamboolam, bangles, and gift which we distributed to the ladies who put nalangu for my daughter.
After the function, we arranged lunch in which we provided 5 types of mixed rice as mentioned above with Pizza. We had a very good gathering and had a nice time. Especially my daughter enjoyed a lot. 

We arranged this programme on 26th March 2018 and my grandson born on 28th March 2018 by God's grace. It was a normal delivery with the blessings of friends, relatives, and God.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Rani Kannan-Write Ups

script data-ad-client="ca-pub-76 googlesyndication 22963767210638" async src="https://pagead2..com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js&q...