Saturday, July 21, 2018

NAMING CEREMONY OF MY GRANDSON ORGANIZED AT SUNNYVALE, USA
I narrated how we organized valaikappu function at my daughter's residence, Sunnyvale, USA.  My grandson born on 28th March 2018 On 6th day ie., on 2nd April 2018, we organized the Naming ceremony. Since my grandson is a one-month premature baby, the doctor advised us not to invite outsiders to home. We, those who are in the house have taken the vaccination, so that our grandson is protected from any infection.  

We placed 7 plates in front of God Shelf, which could be seen from the pictures published :
!. A new dress for my daughter, son-in-law, and grandson.
2.Banana
3.Apple
4.Payasam
5.Chocolates
6.My grandson Horoscope
7.Notebook and pen

We didn't call Iyer as per the advice of Doctor. Doctor strictly told no outsider shall be allowed.
What we did was, we spread kunkuma in one plate and rice on one plate.
My son-in-law wrote the name of my grandson "MATHAYAS PURSWANI" in the kunkuma plate.
He also told the name in my grand son's ears for three times.
Then he wrote elders name in the rice plate. My daughter's grandfather name Shri Kannan and my son-in-law's grandfather name on the rice plate. Then we took Arthi and end the function.

It is to mention here that we Indians never give up our custom. However as most of our children are settling in the USA nowadays, we can without omitting our custom can organize in such a manner which is suitable for the USA also. Hope this article is useful whoever read this. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Rani Kannan-Write Ups

script data-ad-client="ca-pub-76 googlesyndication 22963767210638" async src="https://pagead2..com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js&q...