Sunday, October 20, 2019

After a very very long time catching my friends in the blogger. Hereafter will be mail regularly, hopefully:  
      EARBORING CERRMONY OF MY GRANDSON, AT HINDU TEMPLE, SUNNYVALE
My grandson's ear boring and the mundane ceremony was held held at Hindu Temple,  Sunnyvale, USA. Their the ceremony entirely differs as that of ceremony in Chennai, India. I kept five plates, dress, jewels, fruits two plates and sweets before pooja shelf and did pooja at home before leaving to temple.
At the temple, the pandit did pooja and cut the hair of my grandson, randomly at five places and put the hair in the plastic cover. Then, the pandit took us to Lord Balaji Sannidhi for performing pooja. To our surprise, the pandit kept the cover contains hair which he cut from my grandson  ‘s head for five times(very small pieces only ) in a plate before Lord Balaji and did pooja. Then he just dip one small stick in the kumkum and put a dot in my grandson’s ears. Which means earboring is conducted, as per ethology.
He asked us to put part of the cut hair into the temple Hundi and balance he asked us to keep safely and put it in the Tirupathi Hindi , since Tirupathi Venkatachalapathy is our family God.

Actually we thought of doing this function in India only. Since the visit of my daughter, son in law and my grandson is delayed, we performed this function at USA, when we visited USA. We are happy for that. We had a chance to know the tradition being followed at USA.

Then we went to parlour and cut his hair fully, as my daughter’s mother in law insisted for the same.

Am posting the pictures of my grand son’s mundane and ear boring ceremony:


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Rani Kannan-Write Ups

script data-ad-client="ca-pub-76 googlesyndication 22963767210638" async src="https://pagead2..com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js&q...